||What's New at HR.BLR.com
|This Week’s HR News and Updates
Dear %%FirstName%% %%LastName%%:
Recent/Upcoming Compliance Dates
- May 2, 2022: In California, Annual Reporting Forms are due for employers subject to the San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance.
- May 7, 2022: In New York, businesses must give their employees prior notice if they engage in monitoring or interception of employee phone calls, e-mails, or Internet use.
- May 17, 2022: Nationally, the filing deadline for 2021 EEO-1 reports, allowing four weeks for employers to submit reports. Updates on data collection and filing information are available on the EEOC website: https://www.eeocdata.org/eeo1
- June 2, 2022: In Mississippi, the Medical Cannabis Act (SB 2095) requires the state department of health to begin issuing registry ID cards to medical cannabis users so they may legally obtain medical cannabis from a licensed dispensary.
- June 30, 2022: Nationally, the deadline for covered contractors to certify their AAP compliance with OFCCP.
- July 1, 2022: In Connecticut, employers may not take disciplinary action against an employee who refuses to attend an employer-sponsored meeting with a primary purpose of communicating the employer's opinion on religious or political matters (including unions).
- July 1, 2022: In Connecticut, an employer may not refuse to hire, discharge, or otherwise penalize an employee or a job applicant solely because of a positive test result for 11-nor-9-carboxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) unless certain conditions are met.
- July 1, 2022: In Connecticut, written notice for the Paid Family and Medical Leave program is due.
- July 1, 2022: In Florida, it's unlawful to subject an individual to training that espouses, promotes, advances, or compels the individual to believe certain enumerated concepts constitute discrimination based on race, color, sex, or national origin.
- July 1, 2022: In Illinois, all employers in Chicago must provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training on an annual basis.
- July 1, 2022: In Mississippi, H.B. 770 requires employers to pay employees equally for equal work, regardless of sex.
- July 1, 2022: Nationally, the deadline for creating machine-readable public files on coverage costs as required by the 2020 transparency rules.
- July 1, 2022: In New Mexico, the Healthy Workplaces Act (HWA) requires employers to provide paid leave to employees and keep records of hours worked, and leave taken.
- July 1, 2022: In New Mexico, the Healthy Workplaces Act (HWA) requires employers to provide paid leave to employees and provide written and posted notices.
HR Works Podcast
HR Works 190: Does a Return to the Office Make Sense?
Does having your employees leave their home offices and return to the workplace make sense for your organization? Patrik Wilkens, Vice President of Operations at TheSoul Publishing, joins to talk about what is driving companies in making the decision to return to their offices. Patrik shares some of the key factors teams should be assessing when determining if a full-time office return, hybrid model, or remote workforce is right for long-term success and growth.
The Leave and Disability Coordination Handbook gives you the practical tools you'll need to handle employee leave effectively, including granting leave requests, developing leave management strategies and returning employees to work. Click here for the latest update and accompanying newsletter.
Reopening the Workplace Resource Center
Employers everywhere are dealing with the effects of COVID-19 and trying to balance the safety of employees, customers, and clients with uncertainty about the economic impact and long-term implications of the pandemic, including reopening as stay-at-home orders expire. BLR is following the situation as it unfolds, and we have resources to help, which we've gathered in the Contagious Diseases and Reopening the Workplace sections of the Resource Center.
To UNSUBSCRIBE from future messages about this event, CLICK HERE.
To make other changes in your email preferences, reply to email@example.com.
© 2020 BLR — Business & Legal Resources
100 Winners Circle, Brentwood, TN 37027-5012 1-800-274-6774