A convenience store worker in Deltona, Florida, has admitted doing something quite awful to a bottle of Mountain Dew soda. Police said they became aware of the act after a customer bought the soda, drank it, and became violently ill.
Publix Super Markets spokesman Dwaine Stevens said the unidentified employee, who works at a Pix Convenience Store in Deltona, was suspended after the company learned of the incident. An internal investigation is being completed, he said.
Lab tests done by Publix on the contaminated Mountain Dew confirmed the presence urine, Stevens said.
"It is an isolated incident done by one of our associates," Stevens said. "Whatever measure is necessary, it will be executed and the employee will be dealt with."
Publix, which owns the Pix chain, has not filed a criminal complaint, but the option has not been ruled out, Stevens said.
The victim, a foreman with a Daytona Beach construction company, became suspicious of the drink after he chugged the beverage last week, his attorney, Daniel Newlin, said
"He vomited three or four times afterward," Newlin said, adding that on the advice of an infectious-disease doctor, the victim was being tested for diseases such as gonorrhea and hepatitis C.
Source: Associated Press, via San Francisco Chronicle