As the year 2010 comes to a close, we thought a brief recap of the wacky world of HR was appropriate. Here are the top 10 HR Strange but True stories of 2010.
- Je Suis en Vacances—Beaucoup! – See which country’s workers take the most vacation days.
- Best CEO Resignation Ever? – This CEO felt it was fitting to end on a haiku.
- ‘Fun’ Things to Ask HR – A blogger suggests amusing questions to ask HR reps.
- 8 Best/Worst Workplace Pranks 2010 – Around 1 in 3 workers have been a victim of an April Fools’ Day office prank, and some of them were quite mean.
- A Dopey Call to HR – If you are calling HR, don’t forget to hang up the phone—especially if you are talking about prescription drugs!
- Cat in the Flap? Employees’ Outrageous Excuses for Running Late – If you work in HR, you have probably heard excuses for running late, but have you ever heard, ‘I was concerned impending comet impact’?
- Unusual Gifts for Co-Workers – Exchanging gifts with co-workers can lead to some unusual, and sometimes inappropriate gifts.
- Women Roofers Harness Their Fashion Sense – Who says you can’t be fashionable at work? PPE can be pretty too!
- Former Playboy Mansion “Party Planner” Sues for Sex Bias – The former Playboy party planner filed suit against the company for improper termination and gender discrimination.
- Birthday Party for Owner Was a Real Surprise--for Employees – On his birthday, this man decided to give his employees a present … his company!
Happy New Year!
Share your own HR Strange but True story with us and it could be featured in an HRSBT column.