Employers asked some unusual interview questions in 2010, Glassdoor.com revealed. Here is their list of the strangest questions jobseekers faced last year. How would you answer these?
- If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out?
- How many ridges [are there] around a quarter?
- What is the philosophy of Martial Arts?
- Explain [to] me what has happened in this country during the last 10 years.
- Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 how weird you are.
- How many basketball[s] can you fit in this room?
- Out of 25 horses, pick the fastest 3 horses. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time. What is the minimum number of races required?
- If you could be any superhero, who would it be?
- You have a birthday cake and have exactly 3 slices to cut it into 8 equal pieces. How do you do it?
- Given the numbers 1 to 1000, what is the minimum numbers guesses needed to find a specific number if you are given the hint “higher” or “lower” for each guess you make.
What is the strangest interview question you have asked, or been asked? Submit your story to HR Strange but True!