Here’s a short quiz to test your knowledge of the rich and famous. See if you can guess which powerhouse has a higher net worth.
- Michael Bloomberg vs. Rupert Murdoch
- Mark Zuckerberg vs. Larry Page
- Oprah Winfrey vs. Donald Trump
- Giorgio Armani vs. Ralph Lauren
- Bruce Wayne vs. Gordon Gekko
Here are the answers according to Forbes data.
1. In the battle of media giants, Michael Bloomberg, who is also New York City mayor, wins with a net worth of $18.1 billion, while Rupert Murdoch, CEO of News Corp., boasts a $7.2 billion figure.
2. This Internet matchup goes to Larry Page, co-founder of Google Inc. Page’s net worth of $19.8 billion beats Mark Zuckerberg’s. The co-founder of Facebook is roughly $6 billion short ($13.5 billion.)
3. This one’s a tie. Oprah’s popular talk show may have ended this year, but as far as we’re concerned, she has little to worry about. Both Oprah and Trump have roughly the same net worth of $2.7 billion.
4. And the winner is … Italy. Italian designer Giorgio Armani has a larger net worth ($7 billion) than American designer Ralph Lauren ($5.8 billion.)
5. According to one of Forbes’ more playful lists, in the fight between good versus greed, good triumphs. Bruce Wayne wins this fictional fight with an impressive $7 billion, while Gordon Gekko follows with $1.1 billion. Don’t believe us? See Forbes Fictional 15.
Do you have a HR Strange But True! tale? Submit your story and it could be featured in an upcoming column.