Administrative staffers are not being given the training they need to use the evolving mobile and Cloud technologies that are being rapidly adopted by corporations, organizations and governments.
A new infographic from the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) shows that while more companies are using mobile devices and Cloud apps, approximately 6 million office professionals in North America alone get 10 hours or fewer of training every year provided by their employers. About half those office professionals are completely responsible for their own training and get little training support from their employers.
The infographic includes nine facts that illustrate the unhealthy relationship between the rise of the virtual office and the lack of training for office professionals:
- 40 percent of the global workforce uses mobile technology for their jobs.
- 75 percent of the world's largest companies encourage their employees to use their own devices at work.
- 58 percent of companies in a recent survey said they've deployed mobile enterprise apps for their customers and clients.
New Tech Means New Challenges
- 71 percent of respondents to a recent survey predicted most or all of their tasks at work will be done using mobile or Cloud technology.
- In the very near future, a majority of employers will be utilizing Cloud technology for business.
- The number of telecommuters has nearly doubled to more than 3 million since 2006.
Office professionals are vital for the success of their employers. Their work impacts virtually every facet of the international economy. It makes long-term business sense to provide the right office technology training for administrative staff. is asking employers everywhere to consider the value of their office professionals and to invest in their success through professional development and networking.
- Three out of four administrative professionals say keeping up with changing technology is the most significant issue they face at work.
- Three out five administrative professionals say they get 10 hours or less of training at work every year.
- A third of all administrative professionals are responsible for their own training at work. That's equal to about 3 million admins in North America alone.
For more information and resources, visit www.iaap-hq.org.