Do you have employees that travel internationally? Employers in this position can face additional challenges, and employee safety is often at the top of the list.
With the recent tensions overseas, we have gathered several government resources that offer international travel safety advice and recommendations.
– International Travel: Safety Issues (Department of State)
– Travel Safety Reference Guide (Department of State: Bureau of Diplomatic Security (OSAC))
– Security Suggestions for U.S. Business Representatives Abroad (Department of State)
In addition, here are a few best practices for employers to assist employees performing work abroad:
- Provide cross-cultural and language training.
- Maintain ongoing communications regarding safety and health issues for most host countries.
- Ensure adequate expatriate benefits packages tailored to the unique needs of employees on assignment.
- Provide cultural adjustment assistances for families.
- Help executives balance personal and professional needs while on assignment abroad.
Related article:: Help Keep Employees Safe While They Travel