Do your employees understand that good nutrition is important to individual health and the health of the workplace in general? It's important to convey to them that drinking enough fluids every day is a part of good nutrition.
. Most of your body's water needs are met through the water and beverages you drink. But you can also get some fluid from the foods you eat, for example, broth soups and other foods that are mostly water, such as celery, tomatoes, oranges, and melons.
- Water is necessary because it helps:
- Keep your body temperature normal
- Lubricate and cushion your joints
- Protect your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
- Get rid of body wastes
- You need to drink enough fluids everyday to replace the water your body loses through normal everyday functions and to prevent dehydration. You even lose small amounts of water when you exhale. Drinking at least eight 8 oz. glasses of water a day is recommended.
- You need more water when it's hot, when you're physically active, and when you're running a fever or suffering from vomiting or diarrhea.
The above information comes from BLR's presentation "All About Nutrition." For more information on all the training courses BLR has to offer, go to our Employee and Manager Training page.