Valentine’s Day could have a whole new meaning in the workplace this year if bosses follow one of these “show employees you love them” tips.
For many people, Valentine’s Day means candy, flowers, and cards. However, Mashable thought outside the chocolate box and suggested ways that bosses could turn the holiday, which is traditionally celebrated by school children and couples, into an opportunity to show employees that upper management cares.
Here are some of Mashable’s tech-savvy tips:
- Allow employees to go on social media sites. Some studies suggest that unrestricted Internet access can lead to more productive workers.
- Set up a social network for your organization. This will create a greater sense of community and could create new lines of communication throughout the organization.
- Allow music in the office. Mashable suggests creating a shared company playlist through an iTunes account.
- If possible, include all staff on the company website. Highlighting each employee is a great way to show that every member of the organization matters.
- Create an online suggestion system or forum where staff can submit ideas to improve the organization.