The blogger “Recruiterpoet,” suggests that if you are “forced to sit through a presentation by Human Resources,” one way to lessen your boredom—and increase your amusement—is to ask the following questions of the HR rep (well, these are the ones we can show you).
Recruiterpoet does give this disclaimer—the blogger is “not liable for discontinued employment.”
- If I am accidentally disabled at the dentist’s office while on paid personal sick leave on a religious holiday, what form do I need to fill out?
- If I am dismembered in a forest and no one is there to see or hear it, will I qualify for coverage?
- Who is this “Certain Criterion” that I need to meet?
- Is being “sleepy” considered a long- or short-term disability?
- Is there any way to realize my resource allocation management potential while leveraging my leadership achievement matrix?
- What does 401(k) stand for?
- If I run a 4K 100 times in a year, will I qualify for a 401(k)?
- If I contract Ebola, can I work remotely?
- How do I increase the size of my paycheck? Can I do this online?
- Do I have to work during the Apocalypse or Armageddon?
And finally …
- Can I use sick leave if I am sick of work? Or sick of my boss? Actually, I feel a little sick right now. May I be excused?