Employees are at the heart of a new national certification. Choose People, which officially launched on June 1st, will give its stamp of approval to organizations whose employees are ‘certifiably happy’.
So how do they do it? Choose People partnered with Colorado State University and developed the Employee Organizational Perceptions (EOP) survey, which measures if employees feel good about coming to work.
According to Choose People, their certification will help Human Resource professionals in several ways.
- Retention numbers grow
- Current employees demonstrate pride in the public recognition of their organization
- Recruitment becomes easier
The certification will benefit organizations in other ways as well.
"We already know that happy employees equal a happy bottom line," said Choose People founder Kris Boesch. "Choose People simply gives these companies access to a bigger, better bottom line because consumers want to put their money where their values are, and employees want to apply their talents and energy where they know they will be valued."
There are three ways to get involved with Choose People.
- Pledge your support if you believe businesses deserve to be recognized for an excellent work environment for their employees.
- Nominate your organization if you think it deserves to be Choose People certification.
- Apply if you are an organization dedicated to measuring and improving employee satisfaction.
The first Choose People Certified Companies will be announced in July 2010.