Thirty-four percent of workers say they have been a victim of a prank in the office on April Fools’ Day, according to survey by CareerBuilder Canada. Twenty-nine percent of workers said they have been the instigators of a prank.
In addition, 42 per cent of workers said they will play office jokes this year.
CareerBuilder identified the most memorable pranks from survey respondents, and as you can see, some of them are quite mean:
- When making morning coffee in break room, put a whole shaker of salt in it.
- Put goldfish in the water cooler
- People were told to put their chairs on their desk before 10 a.m. because pest control services would arrive then to set rodent traps.
- Moved someone's entire office, including desk, computer, posters, wall hangings and phone into the bathroom.
- Everyone called in sick at five-minute intervals.
- Crazy glued coffee cup to desk.
- Wrapped everything in someone's cubicle in wrapping paper.
- Had an outside supplier approach manager about wanting to hire all of the people in our department.